TILE CHOICE #2
Alright, we are trying to do some little things this year to improve our condo. We will probably be looking to sell it by the end of the year, and want it to look a little nicer than it is right now. Our first 2 projects are doing a backsplash in the kitchen and painting all the walls a very nuetral tan color.
This paragraph is for all the other people reading this from the Gates. This tile backsplash is what we really want to do, so we did measurements and as you can guess.....they aren't quite even. Trav has no idea why, but the cabinets next to the stove are 13.5 inches from the counter.....and the cabinets by the sink are 14 inches from the counter. GREAT!! That complicates us possibly using tile, because we don't want to spend all that money to have it look uneven. Trav got out his trusty little level and the counters are all level, the cabinets are level..he really doesn't know why there is that half an inch difference.
So here comes anyone who reads this opportunity to give us their opinion....Tile #1 (my favorite, but Trav doesn't like the idea of having to cut all those little brown tiles to fit)....Tile #2.......or just plain old boring paint.







12 comments:
I like #2
I like #2, too. I have a feeling #1 might end up looking polkadotted by the time you get the whole space up!
I must be boring, but I like #2.
I like Tile #1!
#2!!!!!
#2. I think the first one would be overwhelming to look at in a big amount.
tile #1 come on Trav you can do it.
Tile #2 it is too washed out don't like it
I vote for tile 2
I think I'm boring too, I like #2. Plus it's pretty generic so that would make it easier to sell I would think. Oh and about the cabinets being crooked....our big long wall in the living room is nice and warped. We hung a shelf on it and it's not hanging flat against the wall. Oh I love Trophy Homes. BOOOO!
I like #2 also, you'll have to let me know what you decide because I want to come and see it when you're finished! By the way your kids are super cute, it was fun to have them over:)
I like #1, but in my competely honest opinion, I say go for a REALLY boring, neutral tile. If you won't be there forever, leave it neutral so that its not something that would make or break a sale!
I like #1. #2 might be a little more conservative, thus more attractive to lots of different people. But I still like #1 the best. They are both really nice though. Let us know how it goes, so then we can copy you. ;)
Post a Comment