9 years ago
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Ethans First Ski Trip
A few months ago we rented some skis for Ethan to use for the entire Ski Season. So far he has not had the opportunity to use them, so this morning we decided it was time. We packed up the gear and headed up to Brighton this morning. Ethan was soo excited! When we got up there Trav got Ethan his pass, while Brie and I stayed in the warm building. Once we got outside I was in charge of taking a few pictures and videos, which was not fun at all! First of all, we couldn't find my hat so my head was cold, and second of all....I was holding Brielle. After about 5 minutes, Brie and I were ready to head inside. About 15 minutes later Trav and Ethan came in to get us to come out and take a few more pictures before we went home.....so out we went again. Brie was soo squirmy, and I was trying to deal with her and the camera while Trav got Ethans skis back on. Travis told me to just put her down, so I did, and not 3 seconds later she was face down in a pile of snow...screaming!! (she refuses to keep a hat or gloves on, so she was pretty darn cold)
Ethan before he "hit the slopes"
This really surprised me, but Ethan did fantastic for his first time. I was really unsure how he would do because he is kind of a wimp, and I was afraid that the first time he fell he would be done and ready to go home. From the beginning we told him that if he falls, he has to laugh, and get right back up.....he actually listened to us! I loved seeing my little boy out there skiing all by himself! I am so excited that Ethan had so much fun because I am not a snow person, and Trav is 100%. It makes me happy that Trav will have someone to go skiing with (snowboarding for Ethan is going to be next year) because he enjoys it soo much.
Ethan skiing.
Daddy, Ethan and Brielle. Next time we are going to try to get Ethan into lessons. Right now he is too young to go into group lessons, so we will have to start saving up so we can get him into a private lesson. I think that would help him so much!
As you can see, by this time of the morning Brie had just about had enough! This was taken when she was soaking wet from falling in the snow, and she had to be freezing. Ethan was just having a blast, and really wished he could have stayed. I really didn't want my picture taken because I was feeling alot like Brie, but Trav insisted. I am glad I did, I don't have very many pictures of me with the kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
So brave! I would dread a trip like that, but neither me or Rob have ever been skiing. I can't even get them to to stick to sledding for more than 5 minutes. Of course anything with a squirmy 14 mth old becomes a challenge:) By the time we get home we are wishing we would have not left home:)It is great that the daddy's can ond with the things they love though. My kids will be involved in way too many sporting events in their lifetimes:)
That is so awesome that Ethan enjoyed it, that will be great for Travis and Ethan to go together! Cute pix and poor little Brie!
So fun to watch! Thanks for sharing the video! I would love to see him skiing in person, but I don't want to be in the cold myself! I'll stay here in AZ until summertime!
Yeah, Ethan!!! That was so cute. I am right there with you Kristin and Brielle! I'm all for the nice warm building, too!
Post a Comment