Friday, October 24, 2008

Brielle's First Stitches

Ethan and I were standing at the glass door today waiting for his friend Cambria to come over. Brielle decided that she had to join in on the action, but unfortunately a pumpkin and a speaker got in her way......... The pumpkin tripped her and the speaker gave her a gash in her forehead just above her eyebrow. 4 stitches later.....
and Brie has a nice little set of stiches. She did really well, and did not cry once as the doctor was stitching her up. Brielle is such a tough little girl! She is such a good example to me, because I am such a wimp when it comes to blood and needles and stuff. I think Trav will say I did better with Brie than I did when Ethan got his stitches. I was able to watch as they stitched her up.

We didn't have an Neosporin so we stopped at the store on the way home. Brie and I stayed in the car while Travis went in and he came out with some cute band-aids. He said that Brie had to have girly band-aids, and he didn't want to get her Dora....so Hello Kitty!!


My new do, and a cute picture of me and the kids. I never seem to have pictures of myself and the kids so I had Trav take this one. Not the best, but it will do for now. Thank you Jen for watching Ethan while we took Brie to the KidsCare! We had fun hanging out with you tonight!



5 comments:

The Stanford Bunch said...

poor little Brie! We also chose the Hello Kitty bandaids over Dora :) And cute pic of you 3! I need to be better of getting pix taken with the kids too :):):) Get better Brie, we love you!!! She is one tough cookie!

Salazar Family said...

Oh how sad... Poor Brie! I love the bandaids and im glad it wasn't worse! By the way I love your hair... So cute!

TF said...

Poor Brie! Karsyn has decided she is a walker, but she still gets going a little too fast and trips all over the place! I am just waiting for her first big accident...knock on wood! Glad she was a trooper! Sad to say, we have Dora bandaids, along with Curious George and Hello Kitty! The tiniest bump requires a bandaid out of Kailin, we still have yet to draw blood...knock on wood again!

Rob & Tiffanie said...

Somehow I have made it five years of being a parent, 3 kids later, and no trips to the doctor yet. I prepare myself everytime they have one of those crash, falls or trips. There are PLENTY, and I hold my breath until I bend each limb and survey for blood:)I never had any broken bones, stitches or anything growning up either, so maybe it is the genes:) I don't actually know your real hair color:) but I like the brown the best:)

frogbait said...

Ouch! Poor thing! I'm glad she has gotten over it!