9 years ago
Sunday, October 12, 2008
24 Hours of Moab
We went down to Moab on Wednesday night to help our friends Mark and Alisa work the 24 Hours of Moab race. The race was held about 5 miles outside of Moab.....in the dirt!!! If I had 2 words to describe the weekend it would be dirty and windy! The race started on Saturday afternoon but we started Thursday because quite a few people come in early to camp and get ready for the race. The race itself is a 24 hour event, that starts at 12 noon on Saturday and goes until 12 noon on Sunday. We collected money for people to enter the event, so we camped out at the entrance for the weekend. We had a great time (minus the layers of Moab dirt and windblown bodies) Thanks Mark and Alisa...see ya next year, same time, same place.
Don't I look like the UniBomber?? The above picture is myself, Alisa and Darlyne. We took this picture after 3 days of wind and eating dirt. I did not want to eat any more dirt so Alisa found me a hankie that I could use. It was worth all of the funny looks that I got!
This was at the start of the race, everyone rides down the main road before they start on the trail.
This is where we stood for the weekend, collecting money and handing out wristbands. Trav and I tried to get a picture of the dirt flying but for some reason when we went to take a picture the wind stopped...go figure :) Before you go onto the next picture, note that it was pretty warm during the day in Moab then on our way home we ran into this.....
This is Soldier Summit, and yes that is snow!!! Wait, it gets better....see below.
Yep, it snowed. This is what we woke up to Sunday morning. I am NOT ready for the snow to come.....is it too late to move back to Arizona??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







5 comments:
that is so crazy that it is snowing already?!?!
Of course, it is NEVER too late! We will take you anytime!
I love that you took a picture of the playground! I felt the exact same way... so sad! Hey that is awesome that you went to Moab, you look great!!
we were in flagstaff that same weekend so we know what you are talking about when you say it was windy! and it snowed there too..but only on the top half of the mountain...we'll be blogging about it in the next day or 2...or 3...
Brrrrrrr!
It's never too late to move back to AZ!
Post a Comment