Tuesday, August 12, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAPA BEAR!!!

Happy Birthday dad!! I love you soo soo much. I am so thankful that I have you as a father. You are such a good example to me and as I grow older I am starting to notice so much of you that you have passed on to me :) I can proudly say that I am a Daddy's Girl. My dad has been one of my favorite traveling buddies, and we have been lucky enough to visit many wonderful places. The above picture is Dad fighting off an aligator at the Australia Zoo. Way to go Dad!!! You are my hero.
If anyone knows my father, they know how much he loves the outdoors. Growing up our family trips would be camping some place, and as we grew older we would go on backpacking trips. My dad has always loved to hunt. I think his dream would be to go to Africa and do some hunting. A few years ago he drew out for an Oryx, which he had been trying to do for many years. Above is my dad with Lucy (yes he named her, and before my parents mission she was hanging on the wall, facing the kitchen, so I had a few guilty meals at my parents house)
Of course, this is a picture from my wedding day.
My dad is wonderful with Ethan and Brielle. Ethan is always wanting to call Grandpa and go camping in the backyard, and riding on his scooter, and eating snowcones. Whenever we get to see my parents my dad always comes up with something fun for the kids to do, and he is probably more excited than we are to get Ethan potty trained so he can take him backpacking.
This is the only picture that I have of my dad when he was younger. I think I was about 20 months in this picture (does anyone else see a little of Brie in this picture?) I hope you have a fantastic birthday. Love you dad!!!!

1 comment:

JulesandBriPoulson said...

That is a nice tribute to your dad. That is amazing how well Brie is starting to take off!