Thursday, June 10, 2010

Tomorrow is the Day

Tomorrow I say goodbye, and all my co-workers turn into ex co-workers! I am soo excited, and I really cannot wait for this new chapter in my life! I have such large ideas of what I will be doing, and I have to say that I am terrified that I will not be good at any of it! I know that I have been a mom for almost 6 years now, but I have not spent more than a few weeks in a row with my children. It just seems so crazy to me!

I have really been doing some soul searching lately. This decision has been a very hard one to make. I have been with Amex for 11 years, and I feel that is all I know. I work with so many wonderful moms that work full time and raise a family (most of them as single mothers) I always thought that I could do it and everything else that involved my family. I am just now realizing that for me work was taking me away from my family, and I was sick of having to put work ahead of what should be most important in life.....my family.

I really have enjoyed the time that I have worked. I was with a fantastic company and worked with soo many wonderful people. It really helped me grow and develop some of my talents. Down the road if we can't afford for me to stay home anymore I have no problem going back. I tease my cubie that she might just find me in one of her new hire classes some day (we help with the training of new hires, so she got a kick out of that )

YEAHHHHHHHH

5 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa Mac said...

I'm glad we met and we took the journey together for awhile. I will miss you. Your next exciting chapter of life will be great and lead to many wonderful (and Kodak) moments. Go forth and conquer!

Anonymous said...

You will be blessed for doing what is right, whatever that may be... Sometimes it is right to work, sometimes it is right to be home. I am excited for you to get to follow your heart. You will be taken care of...
We are excited to hopefully see more of you!

Chelsea said...

I am so excited for you & your cute little family!!! It will be such an amazing change (although understandably scary) and I hope you enjoy and cherish every minute of it! I, too, am excited to see you around more!!!

Jana said...

That's amazing! And Congrats!

frogbait said...

So happy for you! Maybe you will post pictures on your blog more!:) Enjoy being a stay at home mom. (Think of all of the money you will be saving now that you don't have to pay for daycare! :)