Monday, April 26, 2010

DISNEYLAND


Brielle slept horrible the first 3 nights, so the last night we made a bed for the kids on the floor. Never again are we getting them their own bed at a hotel, they slept way to good on the floor.


The kids face the last night at Disney, I think we were all worn out! Ethan alseep in the car on the way to California. This was just too good of a picture to pass up. He got a good laugh when I showed him.


The kids loved seeing Mickey Mouse!

We have been promising Ethan for almost 2 years now that we would take him to Disneyland. So after saving up for a year we finally made reservations!! The kids had a blast! They were tall enough to ride pretty much every ride (except poor Brielle who wasn't 40 inches so she didn't get to ride on some of the roller coasters)
The first day that we were there the weather was overcast, which worked nicely to eliminate most of the crowds. Good thing, because around noon Travis wasn't feeling well so he went back to the hotel, and I was left with the kids at Disneyland. On Friday our friends Derrek and Rebecca came up from San Diego to spend the day with us. We don't get to see them very often so it was nice to spend some time with them.

Ethans favorite ride was Splash Mountain, he went on it 3 times!! His least favorite was Space Mountain because he said he was afraid to bump into things :) Ethan really surprised me, because I thought he would chicken out and complain the entire time. He did fantastic, and I am so glad that he had a great time.

Brielle loved everything that she went on, and the tears came when Daddy and Ethan got to go ride Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Railroad, and she was too little. She loved the Matterhorn and I wish I could have gotten a picture of her little arms in the air the entire time! She was such a trooper considering she was sick for most of the trip. (snotty nose, gucky eyes, fever) On the way home she fell asleep the second we got in the car. By the time we got into Las Vegas she woke up crying and fussing and we had no idea what she was trying to tell us. Finally when she calmed down enough she said "where's Disneyland?" She was soo sad that we were no longer at Disneyland :)

This was a great family trip, and I am so glad that we were able to spend time together at such a wonderful place. The next couple of months are going to be crazy with Travs next turnaround and my next new hire class, so this was a well needed vacation. It will probably be a few years before we can afford to go back!

















6 comments:

frogbait said...

So fun! I am glad you enjoyed it! I need to call to get Ethan's rundown on what Disneyland was all about. Cute pictures. Thanks for sharing!

Salazar Family said...

How fun!!! Im so jealous, I want to go back so bad!! Im glad you guys had a good trip, I love all the pictures!!

Anonymous said...

So, so, so fun!! I am so glad you guys got to go. Every kid should get to go there at least once!

The Stanford Bunch said...

LOVE the pix! you guys are SOOO cute!!! so glad you guys got to go!!!! hold on to that feeling thru all the work coming up! we love you guys!

Rob & Tiffanie said...

Fun! Me and ROb aren't much of Disneyland people and Maddie hates/afraid of rides so this isn't our thing, despite the fact they ask about it:) AJ and Chey love rides though. I really don't have the patience to take a 2 year old to Disneyland right now. Rob is taking the oldest two to Seaworld next month and I hope he knows what he is getting into:)

Grandma and Grandpa Mac said...

Ah, rode trips with little kids. Memory making moments, hours, days.
You'll survive.