Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Hawaii Trip

As usual these pictures are out of order. I put a ton of pictures on this because eventially I hope to be able to make a book from my blog, so this might be boring to some. This was a big year for Trav and I. We both turned 30, we celebrated our 5th anniversary and in less than a month Travis will be graduating. We decided that we wanted to go to Oahu, which is where we went on our Honeymoon. Hawaii is a place that I could just keep going back to. Oahu is my favorite island, I think because I have been there so many times, and know how to get around. The first two nights we stayed at the Halekulani and the last two nights were at the Hilton Hawaiin Village. It was nice to be in a hotel where someone else made the beds and kept things clean. We had such a great time just relaxing and eating :) The kids had a great time with Grandma Helquist while we were gone, I don't even think they missed us. YUMMMMMMMYYYY! That is all I can say for this meal. I love the shrimp from the shrimp shacks on the North Shore. They are cooked fresh when you order. My favorite is the Garlic and butter. Travis hates seafood, but he was nice enough to stop and let me have some. This is a not to be missed stop on Oahu!
Laie LDS Temple. This is such a beautiful temple! Every time I go to Hawaii I have to make a trip up to the North Shore. The last time we were there was to see my sister get married :)

The blow-hole (I can't remember the official name)


The water was so blue, and it was great to just stand and watch the waves crash against the rocks.


This was Travis' anniversary present to me...a firework display (or so he say's now). So feel free to join in our celebration each Friday night at the Hilton Hawaiian Village :) The tower that we stayed in had a private pool on the second floor, so we were able to lounge in the pool chairs and watch the fireworks display right above us. It was the best Anniversary present ever!!! ( Try topping that next year Trav)

The day before we left we decided to drive around the island. One of the many pictures of that day.


Travis and I on our Anniversary.

I took this picture outside of the Hilton Hawaiian Village. I love all the surfers and sailboats with the sunset in the background.



Ukalale Pineapple Travis


Hula Pineapple Kristin


I don't know what kind of tree this is, but they are all over the place at the Dole Plantation. It looks like someone just came and painted the bark of each tree.

I surprised Travis for his Birthday with some cake and sparkling cider. We went to dinner at the hotel restaurant (the same one we ate at 5 years ago for our Honeymoon) When we got back to the room this to die for coconut cake was waiting for us.

Travis in a bunker at the top of Diamond Head.


Another view from Diamond Head


View from our balcony
A view of Waikiki from atop Diamond Head.

This is my sixth time visiting Hawaii and I have never hiked Diamond Head before. I swear I need to be in shape the next time, because it killed me!! My 30 year old body does not like switchbacks and straight-up stairs!


The courtyard of the Halekulani.


A view from our balcony at my favorite hotel...the Halekulani.

A view from the plane as we approached the island of Oahu.

7 comments:

frogbait said...

So fun! I am glad you had a good time!

The Stanford Bunch said...

wow wow WOW!!!! Awesome pix and looks like an amazing trip! I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous! Jonas and I have GOT to go there soon!!! We are also going to the place of our honeymoon by ourselves soon... D-land :) Thanks for posting the pix, you both look great! I love the pic of the 2 of you together :)

Anonymous said...

Oh wow. Thanks for the pictures. Now I want to go even more badly. Glad you got to go have a good time for a few days. You guys deserved it.
Beautiful pictures!

JROD said...

Gorgeous! Never apologize for too many pictures - I love it! We want to make it out there someday too - but as Jakob will tell you, we're not going until the youngest kid can remember they were they!!

Salazar Family said...

Amazing!! I am so jealous! I have never been to hawaii and you have only been 6 times!!! It looks so fun, Im glad you guys had a good time!

Rob & Tiffanie said...

ONe day I will go there:) Probably not with the new baby huh. I will be lucky to go out to dinner for our anniversary...:)

Jana said...

Seriously, Amazing!