Monday, October 5, 2009

Weekend Pictures

We had such a fun weekend! The weather wasn't the best, but we were still able to do a few things outside. We were fortunate enough to get tickets to the Sunday morning session of Conference. This was the first time that I have heard The Spoken Word, and it was wonderful! The Spirit in the session was amazing, and I am so glad that I was able to attend.

Every year we go out to a pumpkin patch in West Jordan and pick out pumpkins to decorate. My parents came up for the weekend, so they were able to come with us. Ethan loved pushing around his wheelbarrel, until he put 2 pumpkins in and it kept tipping over. Ethan and his pumpkin
Brielle was all over the place! She loved the pumpkins, the corn that she found lying on the ground (and took bites of it...yuck!), and the corn maze.

Travis found these elk on his way home from work one day (when we lived in Riverton). We go look at them whenever we get out that way. The last time we went there was one by the fence that we were able to pet. The kids were thrilled! My dad always likes to see them when he comes up to visit, and he just stands at the fence and drools :) I think it would make his day if someone said he could go in there and pick the one he wanted to hang on his wall!


Thursday night we were able to go to the Jazz vs Nuggets game. There were 16 of us and mostly kids. Brielle looks so angelic in this picture, which she really wasn't. Thanks goodness there were empty seats so she could run back and forth. We had great lower bowl seats (thanks Liz). The kids didn't do half bad, but we still left at halftime.



I have to say that I really enjoyed myself at the pumpkin patch also. I love the colors! I am not much for winter, but I really like fall...so hopefully it will stick around for awhile.




4 comments:

frogbait said...

So cute! Ethan wore the perfect color to be around pumkins! Wow! Brie sure has grown up since June! I am so excited to come visit and spend some more time with you all! I'll see you tomorrow night!

Rob & Tiffanie said...

I have never seen Elk like that around here---maybe i don't get out of the house enough:) We do need to get together again---these girls could create some chaos together. I can't believe you were so brave to take them to the game---I have attempted the Bees games a couple of times with 1 or more and, considering I don't like the sport and the kids get so bored, I would rather be anywhere else.

The Stanford Bunch said...

yay! I love pumpkin patch pictures! I need to find one around here!

JulesandBriPoulson said...

I cannot believe how big your kids are!!! It was so fun to catch up with you the other day. Tell Tara hi from me! HAve fun!