Saturday, December 13, 2008

Let it Snow, Let it Snow!

This morning we woke up to our first Really Big Snowstorm! (enough for the HOA to shovel the sidewalks at least) We told Ethan that when there was enough snow on the ground he could go sledding. So this afternoon I took Ethan and his friend Cambria out sledding. It was so much fun, and I don't really like the snow. Towards the end I think I was having more fun sledding down the hill than the kids. When Brie woke up from her nap Trav bundled her up and brought her out to play also. Now that Brie is getting older she is starting to smile a little for pictures. I had to "capture" the moment, because who knows when she will smile again.
Brie's first trip down the hill. She really wasn't too sure about the snow, she did not like to stand by herself or walk in it. She had a fun time sledding with me though.


Trav was pulling Brielle around in a little sled and did not realize that she had fallen off...face first into the snow. Her face was covered in snow, but by the time I got my hands out of my gloves and grabbed the camera it had pretty much melted. She did not like that at all!

Have you ever see A Christmas Story and the little brother gets stuck on his back from being bundled so well.....Ethan experienced that first-hand today. I sure did get my exercise by having to carry him up the hill, because he could hardly move in his new snowsuit, and I am sure it didn't help that his boots are about 2 sizes too big. (Hard to pass them up when they were only $5 at Sniagrab)



4 comments:

The Stanford Bunch said...

how fun!!! great pictures!!!

TF said...

Okay, that looks like so much fun, but I am still glad it is you and not me! I hate being in the wet slushy snow! It was so cute to listen to Kailin talking to Ethan tonight. She came right up to grandma and took the phone out of her hands and heading right off into the other room, chatting away! I can't wait till you come back, I am sure they will be the best of friends!~

Karen Rogers said...

I love the picture of Brie smiling....I miss you guys so much! Fun times in the snow....I am suprised that we did not see Ethan on a snowboard or skis tho!

frogbait said...

Yeah! A smile out of Brie! I LOVE that picture! Brrr!!! I am glad Ethan and Brie get to play in the snow! But I will stay right here it AZ!